The Whānau House System
The whānau house is an ideal framework for providing an effective environment for learning and growth.
- It reflects the distinctive character of the person it is named after
- It creates an element of competition
- It provides incentives to do one's best, to make the most of talents
- It promotes opportunities for personal development
Each student is placed in a form class in his/her year level in a whānau house.
The whānau house offers, fosters and encourages:
- An extended family of students and staff
- Values, social interactions, leadership opportunities, group loyalties and mutual support
- A feeling of belonging and self esteem, where the students feel accepted and valued
- Service to the community