International Fee Paying Students
Homestays at Macleans College, Bucklands Beach, New Zealand
Information for Homestay Families
Information for Students
The following is considered normal in a typical New Zealand home.
- All students are made to feel safe and secure
- Help in the house is expected. This may involve clearing away dishes from the dining room table, stacking the dishwasher, keeping the bathroom tidy - and keeping one’s room tidy
- Speciality dinners will not be cooked every night but the host family will try to accommodate the student’s preferences within reason
- Students may be expected to walk to school or take ride on a bus just like other boys and girls attending Macleans College
- The Internet is to be used for homework or contacting parents back home. Further use can be decided with the family
In other words, students from overseas will become part of the family and take part in normal day-to-day involvement in the house.
Overseas students will be made to feel welcome and part of the New Zealand way of life.