The Importance of Extra-Curricular Activity
- At least one major sporting, cultural or service activity
- College activities, before participating in outside groups or clubs
- Auckland Secondary School or inter-house competitions
We consider that taking part in extra-curricular activities encourages:
- Loyalty and commitment
- Self confidence and comradeship
- Building of self esteem
- Recognition for excellence
We offer a wide range of sporting and cultural activities and many of our teams and individual students:
- Perform at a high level in regional and national championships
- Are selected to represent New Zealand
We regard this as being an integral part of a young person's personal development and a wide range of activities are offered.
- Art Exhibitions, Wearable Arts
- Dance Festival
- Debating, Speech Competitions
- Drama Productions, Stage Challenge, Theatresports
- Interact Club
- Intercultural Club
- Maori Cultural Club
- Barbershop, Chorale, Orchestra, Stage and Concert Bands, String and Chamber Groups, Jazz Groups
We are a culturally diverse school.
- SMT i/c Sport: Mr Andrew Mackenzie
- SMT i/c Cultural Activities: Mrs Christine Cottell-Mayhew
- Director of Sport: Mr Michael Anderson
- Sports Coordinator: Ms Maxine Hughes
- Arts Coordinator: Mrs Heather Buckley
- Director of Performance Music: Mr Steve Miles
We are keen to acknowledge the sporting achievements of our students. If your son or daughter has performed at a regional, national or international level, and you believe our Sports Department may not be aware of the performance, email the Sports Department SportsAdministration@macleans.school.nz
Please tell us the students name, sport, event, level, result, venue and date.
Where possible we will announce these results at school assembly.