2018 Enrolment Applications
In Zone and Out of Zone Application Forms for Enrolment for the 2018 academic year will be available in early June 2017
Enrolment forms are available from the office or can be downloaded below.
- Year 9 In Zone Application Form for Enrolment 2017
- Year 10-13 In Zone Application Form for Enrolment 2017
- Board of Trustees Student Enrolment Policy
- Students who are residing full time in the Macleans College zone are entitled to apply for a place at any time
- It is a requirement of the Board of Trustees that students enrolled in-zone must reside in the school zone with their parent/s or Legal Guardian/s or Authorised Primary Duty of Care for a minimum period of 12 months from the first day the student commences school at Macleans College. The student must also remain living with their parent/s or Legal Guardian/s or Authorised Primary Duty of Care for the duration of their attendance at Macleans College whether they are enrolled as living in-zone or out of zone.
- An enrolment form and prospectus can be obtained from the school office (2 Macleans Road, Bucklands Beach), by telephoning the Enrolment Administrator Mrs Nuala Walsh on 535 2620 ext 885 or by emailing Nuala.Walsh@macleans.school.nz
在註冊時所提供學生的居住地址必須要與學校開始上課時所居住的地址相同. 居住地址的住所不論是屋主自住或是出租都必須是地方政府核可的住房並且你的家人是該住房之唯一居住者. 教育部已告知家長如企圖故意用不公平之方式提供虛假之地址或是藉由安排在學區內之臨時地址以用作申請入學會有不良之後果.
學生在麥克林斯中學上課期間必須固定與其父母親/或法定監護人/或被授權之照顧者一起居住. 學生絕不允許與親戚/ 朋友同住或以寄宿學生方式寄宿.
依照董事會規定以居住學區資格註冊之學生父母/或法定監護人/或被授權之照顧者必須與學生在開始就讀麥克林中學的第一天起在學區內至少居住12個月. 學生不論在註冊當時是否以學區內或學區外名義登記, 在麥克林中學就讀期間必須與其父母/法定監護人/或被授權之照顧者居住.
Frequently Asked Questions
Please click on the questions below.
When are the enrolment forms for 2018 available?
How much is the school donation?
Does the school have an Open Day?
When does the Out of Zone Ballot close?
When will we hear the results of the Ballot?
Do you have scholarships?
In Zone Enrolments
I have purchased a property and settlement takes place in 6 weeks. Can I apply to enrol now?
Can my son/daughter live with his Aunt / my friend / a Homestay in zone?
The appointment of a legal guardian or authorised primary duty of caregiver must be a long standing arrangement and not created solely for the purpose of gaining entry to the school.
How long do we have to remain living in zone?
What documentation do I need to enrol?
What do we do if family circumstances force a move out of the zone?
Out of Zone Enrolments
If I get my Out of Zone application in first will I have an advantage?
My child is a very strong academic / sportsperson / musician. Will this give them preference over other students for an Out of Zone place?
When does the Out of Zone Ballot Close?
When will we hear the results of the ballot?
Student Work and Assessment / requirements governing candidates for NCEA and CIE
Payment of Examination Fees
It is the expectation of the Board of Trustees that parents and community members will transport students safely, will hold a valid licence, only drive a vehicle that is both registered and warranted and will abide by all of the requirements of NZ Road User Rules and Laws.
b) Transport of students by students
The Board of Trustees have no expectation that students will need to, or have to, transport other students involved in school curricular or extra-curricular activities.
Personal IT Device Information for Parents and Students (BYOD)
Responsible Use Policy - Rules to Help Keep Students Cybersafe
Extra-Curricular Code of Conduct
- Always follow the rules of my activity.
- Wear the designated uniform of my activity.
- Attend all training sessions, rehearsals, matches or performances.
- Respect and follow the directions of coaching staff, managers and match and school officials.
- Respect the facilities and equipment of my own school and schools I visit.
- Act respectfully towards match officials at all times. Abusive language will not be tolerated.
- Never publically criticise coaches, judges, administrators, umpires, rather raise personal concerns with Macleans College via the appropriate channels.
- Not engage in physical and/or verbal intimidation, abuse or conduct toward any player, official, umpire, performer or supporter. Such actions are totally unacceptable.
- Display respect / sportsmanship recognising ability in all those who are participating in my activity regardless of who they represent.
- Remember to thank my coach / manager, our opposition, visiting schools, officials and our supporters.
- Follow all school rules when I am representing Macleans College.
Parents and Supporters Code of Conduct
- Encourage my child to attend all practices, games, performances with a positive attitude towards their peers and visiting students.
- Encourage a healthy enjoyment and competitiveness in my child without the “win at all costs” attitude.
- Never ridicule mistakes or losses.
- Lead by example and respect all players, coaches, managers, judges, umpires, administrators and spectators. Physical or verbal abuse will not be tolerated.
- Never publically criticise coaches, judges, managers, administrators, umpires, rather raise personal concerns with Macleans College via the appropriate channels.
- Back the decisions of the managers and judges/umpires/referees.
- Recognise and support the rights of coaches / managers to make decisions concerning team / performance selections, training programmes and leadership choices.
- Not engage in physical and/or verbal intimidation, abuse or conduct toward any player, performer, official, umpire or supporter. Such actions are totally unacceptable.
- Recognise and acknowledge good play / performance by all activity participants.
- Insist that my child follows the rules of the activity and the principles of the Fairplay philosophy.
- Insist my child adheres to school rules when representing Macleans College and support the school in issuing consequences when these rules are breached.
- Consent to my child being a passenger of an adult driver acting under the direction of the school (car, minivan, bus) or student driver acting under the direction of the school (private car) for sanctioned school and extra-curricular activities.
- Make transport arrangements for the drop off and collection of my child for school and extra-curricular activities.